Saturday 21 February 2009

Good news

I am relieved to be able to report that my Father has made it home in one piece (minus a stone of course which we can only assume was successfully 'passed' at some point during the night). Both the girls were asking the wheareabouts of Grandpa all day, so when he finally arrived, just before bedtime I thought he'd enter to rapturous applause. Instead, Renée took one look at him and said 'Grandpa, why are you still wearing your dressing gown?' Shortly followed by 'Why did you eat some stones?' Edie just carried on watching Dora. Poor Grandpa. It's going to take more than a night in hospital to win them over. Children are so fickle!

So that's it really. My car is fixed. Grandpa is home. We've spent an extra two days away and, according to Marion, Chloe the cat is missing us. Oh yeah, and my husband is still away working. Some things never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment