Thursday 7 May 2009

It's just Fucking Fabulous

Wow - it's an award (and one which I have secretly coveted from afar because it's just so fucking fabulous). Feels a tad naughty to say that, of course, but the children are at nursery and school this morning, so they won't hear me!! I will be eternally grateful to A Modern Mother who decided that my blog was worthy...I love you for it.

Being given the award comes with rules - what did you expect? This time, I have to list 5 of my current obsessions and then pass it on to 5 more fucking fabulous blogs (sorry couldn't resist the 'f' word again - it's making me feel ever so slightly liberated)...for the time being at least!

So my 5 current obsessions are...
  1. Blogging - I know it's boring - but if you're reading this then hopefully you can empathise with me because you're probably obsessed too. It used to be Facebook, but I've weaned myself off that slowly...Am not sure I actually want to wean myself off Blogging though, so I could be here for a while!
  2. Tea - Ooh at least 3 cups before I get out of bed (in my dreams)...Builders tea preferably, but Earl Grey, Lady Grey, Lapsang Souchong are a welcome treat every now and then.
  3. Food - I almost said chocolate here, but it's actually all food (apart from baked beans which make my stomach turn). Food - I love it. Can't stop thinking about it...all the time!
  4. Children - Of course!! I just love my two little sausages and find myself gazing at their beauty and innocence at every opportunity. The only question I have is why I've put them at number 4 in my obsessions and not number 1. Oops...
  5. Sunshine (or at least dreaming of it) - I do live on the South Coast so we have more sun than most (in this country) - but when it's not sunny, all I do is dream about it being sunny...palm trees, a hammock, a good book, a banana milkshake on the beach...

And now I've done that I have to pass it on. So here goes...

Home Mum of 2 (or 3 if you count their Dad) - Because she's a kindred spirit (apart from the fact that she's a hard worker, makes perfect cakes, is studying and has had an easy time potty-training). So I won't hold it against her...

Brits in Bosnia - toddlers, dogs and all - Because she's doing it all in another country (and not an easy country at that)...and because she's finding it hard to potty train her 2-year-old as well!

Reasons to be Cheerful, 1, 2, 3. - She's mad and hilarious and I love her and although she has far too many awards already, from what I can tell, she doesn't have this one...

Another Day in the Madhouse - Like me, she's from Brighton and needs a bit of cheering up because her children are driving her mad...

Life is a Marathon - She's far too prolific for me to keep up with all her posts (61 posts in April - hello?), but I want her to know that when I do make it round, I love it.

And finally just the instructions in case you're a little confused...

On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them. When you post your five winners, make sure you link them as well. To add the award to your post, simply right-click, save image, then “add image” in your post as a picture so your winners can save it as well. To add it to your sidebar, add the “picture” widget. Also, don’t forget to let your winners know they won an award from you by leaving a comment on their blog.

So that's all for today. It's just fucking fabulous. No more swearing tomorrow I promise!

17 comments:

  1. OMG - Thank you MT! I'm fucking gob-smacked! I'm a sunshine babe too - cant get enough sandy beaches, sparkling sea, flying fish....That's not Brighton is it? Thanks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funcking Awesome! BTW...I'm trying to limit my posts to ONE (sometimes TWO) a day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi MT,

    Thank you very much for your comment over at mine. Yes...it's very sad and I've just had the courage to write a card to them this morning. Didn't know what to say...other than to pass on my condolences.

    Congratulations on the award! Can completely understand your obsessions. With blogging I'm either doing it obsessively or thinking about doing it. Either way I can't feckin' win!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. RM - I know it's definitely not Brighton - but I suppose if we have to stay in this country then we haven't got it too bad!

    Marathoner81 - Fucking love it!! You've made me smile! x

    Hadriana - Ooh thanks for dropping by - yes I'm sure they would appreciate a card - that's very lovely of you. Thanks for the congrats - yep and I'm not even trying to curb my blogging obsession!! As for the others, well there's definitely no chance there either! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow. I just popped in to say: I have given you an award.
    http://www.metropolitanmum.co.uk/2009/05/hall-of-fame/
    You are getting fery famous. (Sorry, promised Big M not to use the F word anymore once baby was born...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mamma Po - Oh how I love the fact that you've got into the spirit of things - you truly are fucking fabulous - you see - how can you question my motives on giving you the award?? x

    MetMum - Oh another one - now this is just getting embarrassing!!! (Although secretly I'm fucking over the moon). Ooh it feels good to swear. I'll be over it by tomorrow. Kiss to you and Little L who has just the best Mummy ever x

    ReplyDelete
  7. MT - I'm a Mum, but not a British one...am I still allowed to join! I really want to!!

    Also - since I just posted a super long post...I'm going to do some work and produly display my award later today...or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tea and food - yep, with you there :) - oh yes, and blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marathoner81 - I'm just an idiot (remember the lamb chops?) - I knew you weren't British but I just got carried away - think I wanted you to be!! Unfortuantely, I think you have to be British - gutted though I am to have got this wrong. Forgive me!! :-(((

    notSupermum - Thank you!! No, you're the f*cking star...just you wait and see!! x

    French Fancy - Can't get enough of all three... what's a girl to do hey French Fancy??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well fucking A. Chuffed to bits with an award, so big thanks. Don't say the f word much but when I do it invariably is followed by the word ticks as I try and pull them off the dog. The boys now think that is the name of the species and I'll just leave it at that.

    Shall consider and respond with rude words and all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your award!
    I've just arrived here at this high time.
    There's something oddly liberating about using the word Fuck!
    Great award...
    best wishes
    Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  12. BiB - Love it - 'Fucking ticks' - it's like When Edie think the words to Rock-a-Bye-Baby actually end with 'night night', so when she sings it during the day and adds 'night night', it's hilarious...(possibly just to me) ;-))

    Ribbon - Hello and welcome at this f*cking great time. (am feeling a little less liberated today)...Good to meet you. Will pop over to yours asap xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh hell...I want to be British too! I visited your conutry once...it was fun. Doesn't that count for something? I'll go withdrawl my application :-(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marathoner - Oh honey now I'm feeling all sorry for you!!! Go on, try to join up and explain - the woman who set it up is American - maybe she'll make an exception for you!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I pulled my request. It's ok...I'll live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. BiB - Don't worry - you'll fucking get there in the end. Can't fucking wait...

    Marathoner - Boo Hoo - I'm sorry ;-(((

    ReplyDelete