Friday 18 September 2009

Award Overload

Right lovely people, brace yourselves for an award overload. There are rules and lists that come with these, but please, please don't ask me to do them. I'll be here for two days instead of just one! And besides, by the time you read to the end, you probably would have fallen asleep anyway.

Ok, first award. It's the Zombie Chicken given to me by Really Rachel. Thank you lovely lady. This is my favourite award (which, ahem...I think I have already, but I can't ignore the passing on bit). So here's the bit that goes with it...

"The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken – excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all."


And here are the very worthy recipients...

Another Day in the Madhouse
The Potty Diaries
A Mothers' Secrets
The World from My Window
The Wife of Bold
In the Gutter
Frogs and Sprogs
Metropolitan Mum

The second award is the Over the Top Award given to me by Muddling Along Mummy. Now despite it being called 'over the top', I am assured that this is meant in a 'your blog is fabulous darling' way, so thank you kind lady, I shall pass it on to some more 'over the top' blogs...





Not Supermum
Lady Mama
The Audacity of an Optimistic Pessimist
Brits in Bosnia
And 1 More Means 4
New Mummy


The third award was given to me by the wondrous Amy at And 1 More Means 4. Thanks honey. It's the Great Read Award (ahem, cough...have it already), but must still pass it on. So without further ado, here are some more Great Reads...

Being a Mummy
Mummy Do That
Clareybabbling
Most/Least
Not Wrong, Just Different
Not Waving, but Drowning
You've got your Hands Full


Now it won't surprise you to learn that the 'hardly a wallflower' Rebel Mother at Another Day in the Madhouse has given me this award. It's the Bloody Brilliant award and will sit very nicely next to my other, rather rude award in my sidebar. Thanks sweetie pie. Oh yes, I almost forgot - some worthy recipients...





Babyrambles
Reasons to Be Cheerful 1, 2, 3...
Snaffles Mummy
Muddling Along Mummy
A Mother's Ramblings
Insomniac Mummy
Life with a Little Dude


Ok, last one I promise.... This is the I Love Your Blog given to me by Snaffles Mummy. Thank you, thank you ever so much. I love my blog too!!! Hee hee... And the final list - I hereby pass it on to some more blogs which I love, love, love.

Brighton Mum/Teenage Angst
Really Rachel
Diary of a Surprise Mum
West of the Pennines
Café Bébé
Magnumlady's Blog
Working Mum on the Verge


And if I haven't given you an award today, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It might be because I've already given you one or because you already have them, or just because my brain is frazzled and I've lost track of who I've given what to. Please don't take it personally!

And if you did get an award, then please let me give you this little bit of advice - DO NOT hang on to it for as long as me, or else you'll spend the best part of a day putting the post together! I can not tell how long this has taken me to compile.

Ahem. Hubby is not happy!

31 comments:

  1. Mwah, mwah!! Thank you darlink x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Thank you very much! It's my 1st award, and I'm so chuffed you love my blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you soooo much, it truly means the world to me..I would like to thank my fingers...my laptop...my internet supplier, BT...and of course all my wonderful readers...and thank YOU lovely MM..for (sniff) supporting and entertaining me...with your wonderous words and also you kind acknowledgement in this award.

    Sorry, I'm just in that kind of mood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much hun x I have 6 memes to do and this makes 7, Its going to take ages!

    Well done on all your awards, well deserved x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am almost sorry to do this to you, but.... another one for you at my place. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh thank you, my first one too, that makes for a great week-end :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw thank you honey. I am honoured to get the Zombie Chicken Award, and most definitely believe in the Tao of the zombie chicken. Hell yeah. And the other one too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ever so kind, Madame Tales. Although I already have this one; it was given to me from Muddling Along Mummy, too. Frazzle, frazzle ;-)

    (Not that I could remember the easiest of tasks at the moment. I went to the supermarket three days in a row to buy eggs. And came back each time with all but eggs. Is it the weather?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for my lovely award!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you very much for my award! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I dunno, I wait months and then three come along at once. Just like........orgasms.

    Did I say that aloud?

    Sorry and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a shy retiring little violet that blushes constantly.....oooh, I've flushed a purple!

    As for my zombie chicken award - THANK YOU my angel. I'm feeling a bit 'hen-clucked' at the mo, to it is aptly suited.

    Thanks for thinking of me, I love it.

    Much love RMxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for thinking of me! And well done you for getting so many awards - very well deserved :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww thank you so much, that's very kind xxx
    Well done to you for all your awards. I'm waiting for an acceptance speech from you...complete with tears ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Insomniac - You're welcome sweet lady - ahem...no mention of pom poms here please!!!;-)

    notsupermum - Mwah back at you...and btw, get your twitter account sorted - you haven't been on it for about 3 months!!! Am not impressed...

    Brighton Mum - Aah darling - you are so very welcome...keep up the good work xxx

    Reasons - Well if they had awards for acceptance speaches, you'd be top of my list xxxx

    New Mummy - Oh no!!! Disaster..and they take so long as well! Good luck with all of yours x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very Bored - Oh no!!!! I mean, oh yes!!! Thank you darling - it's fine - all good - always happy to get an award - although I might hang on to it for a bit or else everyone will be well and truly bored with me! Will pop on over to yours and take a look x

    Frogs - You're very welcome...glad to have made your weekend :-) xx

    Amy - No problem darling - think you have rather a few now don't you?!! xx

    Lady Mama - Oh you are so very welcome (love this award a lot). You deserve it. Hope you're getting some sleep! x

    Met Mum - Oops...silly me. So sorry honey!! Look, take your pick - which one do you want??? I have the power to change it you know! As for being frazzled - it just comes with being a Mummy I think - am not quite used to it though...and if I do ever remember things I surprise myself! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ella - No problem honey - you deserve it x

    Whistlejacket - You are very welcome sweetie xx

    Linda - Just for saying that I might have to give you another award!! Love you for it xx

    RM - Oh you are so very welcome darling. Anything to make you happy. It's your kind of award I think. Enjoy x

    Really Rachel - No problem honey. And thanks for mine!! xx

    Magnumlady - Oh there's plenty of tears over this way (on a daily basis) I can assure you!! Enjoy your award. Well deserved xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you very much ! I just love how it looks on my sidebar - very touched

    ReplyDelete
  19. Blimey. That's quite an award ceremony!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just popped in to catch up, and I've realised there's about another hundred blogs I need to read! Where do you find the time?!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for the award. Just got back from birthday weekend and will blog about it soon. Should actually be ordering Tesco shop!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for my award!! I've just posted it on my blog and there is another tag for you there too! Please don't feel like you have to do it though! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks hun great minds think alike, ive awarded you the same one at mine:) I made the mistake of joarding awards also...never again!
    Hope hubby is smiling now :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Muddling - You're very welcome Mrs. Glad you like the look!!

    Rosie - Yep - serves me right for hoarding them for so long. Did you ever get the award I gave you back in June?? Hope so - (hadn't forgotten you) xxx

    The Woman - Oh don't!!! There's far too many. And just when I think there can't possibly be any more, there are (obviously). Never have enought ime, but I do try!

    Working Mum - No problem honey - hope you had fab birthday celebrations xx

    clarey - Oh bless you - will pop over and have a look. Thanks honey x

    WoB - Nope - hubby not smiling at all - has terrible toothache this morning!! Oh deary me... Thanks for the award too - will pop on over xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi,wow, thanks! I am unable to be there in person to receive my Zombie Chicken award as I'm flitting round the Ionian dodging poo and octopus and Mr Grigg's ever-increasing tum. But I'm very grateful for it (the award, not the tum), nevertheless... xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. No problem honey - I saw the octopus!!! Enjoy your hols. Mwah xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, you've been busy - well done on all those awards, it's a huge boost, but you have a top class blog so I'm not surprised.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ooo, just dragged myself out of the sea to check the internet as I am an addict after all, and look! An award! Hooray and thanks ever so much. Right, better get back to the backstroke. Did I say it is a tough life right now? The Croatian coast really is AMAZING! x

    ReplyDelete
  29. CJ - Thanks honey bun - yep, it is a boost. Thanks for being so supportive - hope you saw the award for you I posted a while ago (June I think it was) x

    BiB - I'm not speaking to you!!! ;-)) Hope you're having a fab time honey. And congrats on the award - you deserve it x

    ReplyDelete